The definition of readable is something legible and easy to be read.
An example of something that would be described as readable is a neatly typed page of text.
- interesting or easy to read
- Easily read; legible: a readable typeface.
- Pleasurable or interesting to read: a readable story.
(comparative more readable, superlative most readable)
- (of handwriting, print, etc) legible, possible to read or at least decipher
- If that sign was still readable we'd know where we are!
- which can be read, i.e. accessed or played, by a certain technical type of device
- No sale, those aren't readable with my DVD-player!
- (of a book) enjoyable to read, of an acceptable stylistic quality or at least functionally composed
- These assembly instructions aren't readable, I still don't have a clue how to start!
read +"Ž -able