The definition of indecipherable is something that cannot be read or understood.
Really messy handwriting that you cannot read is an example of something that would be described as indecipherable.
Impossible to decipher: indecipherable handwriting; an indecipherable message.
- in′de·ci′pher·a·bil′i·ty in′de·ci′pher·a·ble·ness
(comparative more indecipherable, superlative most indecipherable)
- The 1970's Battlestar Galactica focused on a core group of characters and left the Cylons as rather one-dimensional villains with indecipherable motives beyond the extermination of the human race.
- Just remember that going too small on certain designs could render the design indecipherable.
- In numerous instances, Press cables received in England were entirely suppressed without notice to the sender or addressee, and in others messages were so mutilated as to be indecipherable.
- This is partly due to the fact that many important forms must have escaped fossilization altogether owing to their small size and delicate structure, while very many of those actually preserved are known only from the carapace or shell, the limbs being absent or represented only by indecipherable fragments.