- The definition of legible refers to print or writing that is neat and clear enough to read.
An example of legible is neatly written text.
- that can be read or deciphered
- that can be read or deciphered easily
Origin: Middle English (northern) legeable from Late Latin legibilis from Classical Latin legere, to read: see logic
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Possible to read or decipher: legible handwriting.
- Plainly discernible; apparent: legible weaknesses in character and disposition.
Origin: Middle English, from Late Latin legibilis, from Latin legere, to read; see leg- in Indo-European roots.
- legˌi·bilˈi·ty, legˈi·ble·ness noun
- legˈi·bly adverb