- The definition of legible refers to print or writing that is neat and clear enough to read.
An example of legible is neatly written text.
legible definition by Webster's New World
- that can be read or deciphered
- that can be read or deciphered easily
Origin: Middle English (northern) legeable ; from Late Latin legibilis ; from Classical Latin legere, to read: see logic
legible definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Possible to read or decipher: legible handwriting.
- Plainly discernible; apparent: legible weaknesses in character and disposition.
Origin: Middle English, from Late Latin legibilis, from Latin legere, to read; see leg- in Indo-European roots.
- legˌi·bilˈi·ty, legˈi·ble·ness noun
- legˈi·bly adverb