- The definition of a quest is a search to find something or to achieve a goal.
An example of quest is the type of journey which was taken by the Knights of the Round Table under the direction of the King.
- Quest is defined as to search, seek or journey.
An example of quest is to embark on a mission to find hidden treasure.
King Arthur would have sent his knights on quests.
- a seeking; hunt; pursuit
- in medieval romance, a chivalric journey undertaken by a knight in order to procure or achieve a particular object or end
- any journey or undertaking in pursuit of a typically lofty or noble goal
- Archaic a jury of inquest
Origin of questMiddle English ; from Old French queste ; from Medieval Latin questa ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form quaesita, thing sought for ; from Classical Latin quaesitus, past participle of quaerere, to seek, ask, inquire
- to follow the track of game, or to bay in pursuit of game, as hounds do
- to go in search
- The act or an instance of seeking or pursuing something; a search.
- An expedition undertaken in medieval romance by a knight in order to perform a prescribed feat: the quest for the Holy Grail.
- Archaic a. An inquest.b. A jury appointed to take part in an inquest.
verb, intransitive quest·ed, quest·ing, quests
- To search for something: quested for knowledge.
- To go on a quest.
- To search for game or bay when sighting game, as a hound.
Origin of questMiddle English queste, from Old French, ultimately from Latin quaesta, from feminine of *quaestus, obsolete past participle of quaerere, to seek.
(third-person singular simple present quests, present participle questing, simple past and past participle quested)
- To seek or pursue a goal; to undertake a mission or job.
- To search for; to examine.
Partly from Anglo-Norman queste, Old French queste (â€œacquisition, search, huntâ€), and partly from their source, Latin quaesta (â€œtribute, tax, inquiry, searchâ€), noun use of quaesita, the feminine past participle of quaerere (â€œto ask, seekâ€).
- quantized electronic structure