- Present participle of grind.
- The action of grinding together or crushing into small particles.
- Ominous creakings and grindings came from the innards of the machine.
- (dance) A form of dance in which two people rub their bodies together.
- (online gaming) Repeatedly performing the same quest or similar in-game activity in order to amass points or wealth.
- Of or pertaining to the act or sound of grinding.
- The meeting came to a grinding halt when the two sides could not agree.
grinding - Computer Definition
Repetitive actions in a video game to accumulate points in order to gain experience or advance to the next level. Games may be designed for players to grind their way through in order to feel that they accomplished something. In addition, novices are allowed to make progress in a game with a lot of grinding; otherwise they would be stumped. See farming.