- The definition of palatial is spacious, grand or resembling a palace.
A huge, grand mansion that is castle-like is an example of a palatial home.
A palatial staircase.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- of, suitable for, or like a palace
- large and ornate; magnificent; stately
Origin: from Classical Latin palatium, palace
- palatially adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or suitable for a palace: palatial furnishings.
- Of the nature of a palace, as in spaciousness or ornateness: a palatial yacht.
Origin: From Latin Palātium, imperial residence; see palace.
- pa·laˈtial·ly adverb
- pa·laˈtial·ness noun