A palatial staircase.
The definition of palatial is spacious, grand or resembling a palace.
A huge, grand mansion that is castle-like is an example of a palatial home.
- of, suitable for, or like a palace
- large and ornate; magnificent; stately
Origin of palatial; from Classical Latin palatium, palace
- Of or suitable for a palace: palatial furnishings.
- Of the nature of a palace, as in spaciousness or ornateness: a palatial yacht.
Origin of palatialFrom Latin Palatium, imperial residence; see palace.
- Of or relating to a palace.
- On a grand scale; very rich furnishing(s).
- The home where he lived was palatial.
From Latin palÄtium +"Ž -al.