- confined or restricted: cramped quarters
- irregular and crowded, as some handwriting
- An example of something cramped are the fingers on a hand that have been typing all day and cannot extend properly anymore due to exhaustion.
- An example of something cramped is a very small house for a very large family.
The definition of cramped is confined or crowded.
- Uncomfortably small or restricted: cramped living quarters.
- Difficult to read, especially for being crowded into a small space: cramped handwriting.
- simple past tense and past participle of cramp
- His stomach cramped at the memory of that cliff.
- Cynthia was there, seated alone in a cramped corner, looking beautiful in something summery, short and yellow, unsmiling but nodding in acknowledgment of his greeting.
- She stood for a long moment in the cramped, silent foyer.
- The mention of him reminded her of her cramped stomach and the half dozen failed attempts to eat normal food.
- Or the cramped little apartment that was home.