- The definition of an opportunity is an favorable situation for a positive outcome.
An example of opportunity is a lunch meeting with a possible employer.
- a combination of circumstances favorable for the purpose; fit time
- a good chance or occasion, as to advance oneself
Origin of opportunityMiddle English opportunite ; from Old French opportunité ; from Classical Latin opportunitas ; from opportunus: see opportune
- A favorable or advantageous circumstance or combination of circumstances.
- A chance for progress or advancement, as in a career.