You might achieve nirvana through meditation.
- An example of nirvana is how people feel after meditating for hours.
- An example of nirvana is heaven.
Nirvana is a place or state of being in peace or complete happiness.
- Buddhism the state of perfect blessedness achieved by the extinction of individual existence and by the absorption of the soul into the supreme spirit, or by the extinction of all desires and passions
- any place or condition of great peace or bliss
Origin of nirvanaSanskrit nirv??a ; from nirv?, to blow out ; from nis-, out + v?, to blow: see wind
- often Nirvanaa. Buddhism A state in which the mind, enlightened as to the illusory nature of the self, transcends all suffering and attains peace.b. Hinduism A state in which the soul, having relinquished individual attachments and recognized its identity with Brahman, escapes samsara.
- An ideal condition of rest, harmony, stability, or joy.
Origin of nirvanaSanskrit nirv&amacron;&nlowdot;am, a blowing out, extinction, nirvana : nis-, nir-, out, away + v&amacron;ti, it blows; see w&emacron;- in Indo-European roots.
Sanskrit à¤¨à¤¿à¤°à¥à¤µà¤¾à¤£ (nir-vÄá¹‡a, “blown or put out, extinguished")