- Bible the garden where Adam and Eve first lived; Paradise: Gen. 2:8
- any delightful place or state; a paradise
Origin of EdenLate Latin from Heb, literally , delight
Earl of Avon 1897-1977; Brit. statesman: prime minister (1955-57)
- Bible The garden of God and the first home of Adam and Eve. Also called Garden of Eden .
- A delightful place; a paradise.
- A state of innocence, bliss, or ultimate happiness.
Origin of EdenMiddle English from Late Latin from Greek &Emacron;dēn from Hebrew 'ēden delight, Eden ġdn
- (biblical) A garden built by God as the home for Adam and Eve; sometimes identified as part of Mesopotamia
- (by extension) A paradise on Earth; a state of innocence
- Various place names
- An English surname, probably derived from a place name.
- A female given name from the biblical place name; also a medieval diminutive of Old English compound names beginning with the element ēad (“riches”).