- Molest is defined as to harm, or to make unwanted sexual advances, or to sexually assault.
- An example of molest is someone cutting off a cat's tail.
- An example of molest is a teacher putting his hands up a girl student's skirt.
- An example of molest is a brother forcing his younger sister to have sex with him.
- to annoy, interfere with, or meddle with so as to trouble or harm, or with intent to trouble or harm
- ☆ to make improper advances to, esp. of a sexual nature
- to assault or attack (esp. a child) sexually
Origin: Middle English molesten from Old French molester from Classical Latin molestare from molestus, troublesome from moles, a burden: see mole
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb mo·lest·ed, mo·lest·ing, mo·lests
- To disturb, interfere with, or annoy.
- To subject to unwanted or improper sexual activity.
Origin: Middle English molesten, from Old French molester, from Latin molestāre, from molestus, troublesome.
- moˌles·taˈtion noun
- mo·lestˈer noun