- The definition of a lookout is an alert, or a place for keeping watch.
- An example of a lookout is a guard.
- An example of a lookout is a safe place for reporting on a hurricane as it comes ashore.
- an alert, careful watching for someone or something
- a place for keeping watch, esp. a high place affording an extensive view
- a person detailed to watch; sentry
- Chiefly Brit. outlook, esp. for the future
- Informal concern; worry: that's your lookout
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of observing or keeping watch.
- A high place or structure commanding a wide view, used for observation.
- One who keeps watch.
- South Atlantic U.S. Outlook; view.
- An object of concern or worry. See Synonyms at affair.