adventurer[ad ven′c̸hər ər, əd-]
adventurer definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who has or likes to have adventures
- soldier of fortune (sense )
- a financial speculator
- a person who seeks to become rich, powerful, etc. by dubious schemes
adventurer definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that seeks adventure.
- A soldier of fortune.
- A heavy speculator in stocks, business, or trade.
- One that attempts to gain wealth and social position by unscrupulous means.