A door knob.
knob definition by Webster's New World
- a rounded lump or protuberance
- a handle, usually round, of a door, drawer, etc.
- a similar device which is turned to control operations of electronic or electrical equipment, as a radio or TV receiver
- a rounded hill or mountain; knoll
Origin: Middle English knobbe ; from or akin to Dutch a knot, knob, bud ; from Indo-European an unverified form gn-eu-bh ; from base an unverified form gen-: see knead
- knobbed adjective
knob definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A rounded protuberance.
- a. A rounded handle, as on a drawer or door.b. A rounded control switch or dial.
- A prominent rounded hill or mountain.
Origin: Middle English knobbe, from Middle Low German, knot in wood.
- knobbed knobbed adjective
- knobˈbi·ness noun
- knobˈby adjective
knob - Phrases/Idioms
with knobs on
knob - Science Definition