protrusion[prō tro̵̅o̅′z̸hən, prə-]
- The definition of a protrusion is something that bulges out or sticks out.
A hernia that sticks unnaturally out of your skin is an example of a protrusion.
- a protruding or being protruded
- a protruding part or thing
Origin of protrusion; from Classical Latin protrusus (see protrusile) + -ion
- a. The act of protruding.b. The state of being protruded.
- Something that protrudes.
Origin of protrusionLatin prōtrūsus, past participle of prōtrūdere, to protrude; see protrude + –ion.
(countable and uncountable, plural protrusions)