- The definition of a protrusion is something that bulges out or sticks out.
A hernia that sticks unnaturally out of your skin is an example of a protrusion.
protrusion definition by Webster's New World
- a protruding or being protruded
- a protruding part or thing
Origin: ; from Classical Latin protrusus (see protrusile) plush -ion
protrusion definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of protruding.b. The state of being protruded.
- Something that protrudes.
Origin: Latin prōtrūsus, past participle of prōtrūdere, to protrude; see protrude + -ion.
protrusion - Medical Definition
- The act of protruding.
- The state of being protruded.
- A position of the mandible forward from centric relation.