- Present participle of protrude.
The pug's tongue is protruding from his mouth.
The definition of protruding is sticking out, or extending beyond or above a surface.
When your umbrella sticks out above the top of your bag, this is an example of a time when the umbrella is protruding.
- Its covers were loose, the pages within protruding at odd angles.
- Jule looked down at the arrow protruding from his shoulder, growing annoyed with her for the first time.
- Faces are rough with protruding points.
- The Other's words slowed, and the creature looked down at the protruding weapon.
- The suspended cord brushed his shoulder and he could close his eyes and still see the protruding tongue, the open, frightened eyes, a body stiff and absent of life.