- The definition of justification is something that proves, explains or supports.
An example of justification is an employer bringing evidence to support why they fired an employee.
justification definition by Webster's New World
- a justifying or being justified
- a fact that justifies or vindicates
- Christian Theol. the state or condition, necessary for salvation, of being blameless or absolved of the guilt of sin
- Printing the adjustment of printed lines by proper spacing
Origin: Middle English justificacioun ; from Old French justification ; from Late Latin justificatio ; from justificare: see justify
justification definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of justifying.b. The condition or fact of being justified.
- Something, such as a fact or circumstance, that justifies: considered misgovernment to be a justification for revolution. See Synonyms at apology.
justification - Computer Definition
See bit stuffing.
In typography, the alignment of text evenly between left and right margins. Contrast with ragged right.
justification - Legal Definition