An example of justification is an employer bringing evidence to support why they fired an employee.
- a justifying or being justified
- a fact that justifies or vindicates
- Christian Theol. the state or condition, necessary for salvation, of being blameless or absolved of the guilt of sin
- Printing the adjustment of printed lines by proper spacing
Origin of justificationMiddle English justificacioun ; from Old French justification ; from Late Latin justificatio ; from justificare: see justify
- a. The act of justifying.b. The condition or fact of being justified.
- Something, such as a fact or circumstance, that justifies: considered misgovernment to be a justification for revolution. See Synonyms at apology.
justification - Computer Definition
See bit stuffing.
justification - Legal Definition