- The definition of interim is something that takes place during the time between two specified periods.
- An example of interim is a class that takes place during the summer.
- An example of interim is a police chief who is in charge until the city hires a full-time police chief.
- Interim is defined as a period of time between one event and another.
An example of interim is monday through friday being the time between weekends.
the period of time between; meantime
Origin of interimL, meanwhile ; from inter: see inter-
for or during an interim; temporary; provisional: an interim council
An interval of time between one event, process, or period and another.
Belonging to, serving during, or taking place during an intermediate interval of time; temporary: an interim agreement. See Synonyms at temporary.
Origin of interimFrom Latin, in the meantime; see en in Indo-European roots.
- A transitional or temporary period between other events.
- His car is in the shop, but they gave him a rental to drive in the interim.
From Latin interim (“meanwhile”)