The definition of implied is something that was hinted at or suggested, but not directly stated.
When a person looks at his watch and yawns multiple times as you are talking, this is an example of a situation where boredom is implied.
involved, suggested, or understood without being openly or directly expressed
- You didn't say those words, but you implied I would lead them on.
- Not now implied later, but that didn't feel comfortable either.
- Putting off the wedding so they could adjust implied that if they were unable to adjust they wouldn't get married.
- Hosea even takes it for granted that in captivity the Sabbath will be suspended, like all the other feasts, because in his day a feast implied a sanctuary.
- The implied answer: everything.