- having, using, or withstanding a high or relatively high pressure
- having or indicating a high barometric pressure
- using or applying forcefully persuasive or insistent methods or arguments: high-pressure sales techniques
transitive verb-·sured, -·suring
Informal to urge or persuade with such methods or arguments
- Of or relating to pressures higher than normal, especially higher than atmospheric pressure.
- Informal a. Using aggressive, persistent persuasive tactics: a high-pressure salesperson.b. Full of or imposing great stress or tension: a high-pressure job.
transitive verbhigh-pres·sured, high-pres·sur·ing, high-pres·sures Informal
To attempt to sell (something) or persuade (someone) by using aggressive, persistent tactics.