high-pitched definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- high in pitch; shrill
- lofty; exalted
- showing intense feeling; agitated
- steep in slope: said of roofs
high-pitched definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- High in pitch, as a voice or musical tone.
- Steeply sloped, as a roof.
- Marked by or indicating intense emotion: a high-pitched debate.