- An example of a finder is a lens on a telescope.
- An example of a finder is a person who discovers a lost set of keys.
- a person or thing that finds
- a small, low-powered telescope attached to a larger one, used to locate objects for closer view with the more powerful telescope
- ⌂ a person who, for a fee (finder's fee), initiates a business deal between others
- One that finds: a finder of great hidden treasure.
- A viewfinder.
- A low-power, wide-angle telescope fixed to the body of a more powerful telescope and pointed in the same direction for initially locating an object to be observed.
finder - Computer Definition
The part of the Macintosh operating system that gives it the Mac "look and feel." It also provides file management (copy, delete, rename files) and control of the desktop icons, windows, Clipboard and Scrapbook as well as the application startup interface. The Finder resides in the System folder. See MultiFinder.
finder - Legal Definition