- The definition of a loser is a person who is defeated or disadvantaged, is habitually failing or who is considered unpopular.
- A person who comes in last in a race is an example of a loser.
- A person who suffers the most as a result of a political move to raise taxes is an example of a loser.
- A person who has bad luck in life, who is unsuccessful and unpopular is an example of a loser.
- one that loses
- Informal one that seems doomed to lose; esp., an ineffectual person who habitually fails or is easily victimized
- a person who reacts to loss or defeat in a specified way: a poor loser
- Slang a person who has been imprisoned for crime a (specified) number of times: a three-time loser
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. One that fails to win: the losers of the game.b. One who takes loss in a specified way: a graceful loser; a poor loser.
- a. One that fails consistently, especially a person with bad luck or poor skills: “losers at home seeking wealth and glory in undeveloped countries” (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)b. One that is bad in quality: That book is a real loser.