- an instrument for measuring angles, esp. of solid bodies
- Radio an electrical device used to determine the direction or angle of signals coming from a transmitting station
Origin of goniometergonio- + -meter
- An optical instrument for measuring crystal angles, as between crystal faces.
- A radio receiver and directional antenna used as a system to determine the angular direction of incoming radio signals.
Origin of goniometerGreek gōniā angle ; see genu-1 in Indo-European roots. -meter
- go′ni·o·met′ric go′ni·o·met′ri·cal
gonio- + -meter