- The definition of fallible is capable of making mistakes or errors.
Imperfect people who are capable of making mistakes are an example of people who would be described as fallible.
- capable of making a mistake or being deceived
- liable to be erroneous or inaccurate
Origin: Middle English ; from Midieval Latin fallibilis ; from Classical Latin fallere, to deceive: see fail
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Capable of making an error: Humans are only fallible.
- Tending or likely to be erroneous: fallible hypotheses.
Origin: Middle English, from Medieval Latin fallibilis, from Latin fallere, to deceive.
- falˌli·bilˈi·ty, falˈli·ble·ness noun
- falˈli·bly adverb