- The definition of fallible is capable of making mistakes or errors.
Imperfect people who are capable of making mistakes are an example of people who would be described as fallible.
fallible definition by Webster's New World
- capable of making a mistake or being deceived
- liable to be erroneous or inaccurate
Origin: Middle English ; from Midieval Latin fallibilis ; from Classical Latin fallere, to deceive: see fail
fallible definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Capable of making an error: Humans are only fallible.
- Tending or likely to be erroneous: fallible hypotheses.
Origin: Middle English, from Medieval Latin fallibilis, from Latin fallere, to deceive.
- falˌli·bilˈi·ty, falˈli·ble·ness noun
- falˈli·bly adverb