- The definition of fallible is capable of making mistakes or errors.
Imperfect people who are capable of making mistakes are an example of people who would be described as fallible.
- capable of making a mistake or being deceived
- liable to be erroneous or inaccurate
Origin of fallibleMiddle English ; from Medieval Latin fallibilis ; from Classical Latin fallere, to deceive: see fail
- Capable of making an error: Humans are only fallible.
- Tending or likely to be erroneous: fallible hypotheses.
Origin of fallibleMiddle English, from Medieval Latin fallibilis, from Latin fallere, to deceive.
- fal′li·bil′i·ty, fal′li·ble·ness
(comparative more fallible, superlative most fallible)
- Capable of making mistakes or being wrong.