- Enlist is defined as to enroll for service in the military or to find people to join.
- An example of to enlist is to join the Army.
- An example of to enlist is to sign people up for a volunteer event.
enlist definition by Webster's New World
- to enroll for service in some branch of the armed forces
- to win the support of; get the help or services of: to enlist men in a cause
- to get (another's help, support, aid, etc.)
- to join some branch of the armed forces
- to join or support a cause or movement: with in
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- enlistee noun
enlist definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb en·list·ed, en·list·ing, en·lists verb, transitive
- To engage (persons or a person) for service in the armed forces.
- To engage the support or cooperation of.
- To enter the armed forces.
- To participate actively in a cause or enterprise.
- en·listˈment noun