enlist[en list′, in-]
- Enlist is defined as to enroll for service in the military or to find people to join.
- An example of to enlist is to join the Army.
- An example of to enlist is to sign people up for a volunteer event.
- to enroll for service in some branch of the armed forces
- to win the support of; get the help or services of: to enlist men in a cause
- to get (another's help, support, aid, etc.)
- to join some branch of the armed forces
- to join or support a cause or movement: with in
verben·list·ed, en·list·ing, en·lists
- To engage (persons or a person) for service in the armed forces.
- To engage the support or cooperation of.
- To enter the armed forces.
- To participate actively in a cause or enterprise.
(third-person singular simple present enlists, present participle enlisting, simple past and past participle enlisted)