The definition of enlisted is someone that is below the rank of officer in the military.
A private in the army is an example of someone enlisted.
of or having to do with a person in the armed forces who is not a commissioned officer or warrant officer
Of, relating to, or being a member of a military rank below a commissioned officer or warrant officer.
- simple past tense and past participle of enlist
- Belonging to the military, but not as a commissioned officer.
- Those individuals who have enlisted in the military and who are not commissioned officers.
- Dean was enlisted as part of the convoy to the popular spot.
- You started down this path when you enlisted the help of the Others.
- The total number of men who had re-enlisted stood in 1903 at 8594.
- The legions at once joined him; numbers of Franks enlisted in his service; an increased and well-equipped fleet secured him the command of the neighbouring seas.
- At Breda he enlisted as a volunteer, and the first and only pay which he accepted he kept as a curiosity through life.