(third-person singular simple present signs up, present participle signing up, simple past and past participle signed up)
- To add a name to the list of people who are participating in something.
- We signed up Bob for kitchen cleanup duty.
- (intransitive) To add one's own name to the list of people who are participating in something.
- Terry signed up for the soccer team.
- (intransitive) To agree to purchase some good or service.
- After much deliberation we decided to sign up for satellite TV.