- The definition of edgy is having sharp or pointed corners, or being irritable, or being unconventional.
- An example of something edgy is a metal table.
- An example of an edgy person is someone who is constantly annoyed.
- An example of an edgy person is someone with multiple tattoos and dozens of piercings.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
adjective edg·i·er, edg·i·est
- Nervous or irritable: The performers were edgy as they waited for the show to begin.
- Having a sharp or biting edge: an edgy wit.
- Daring, provocative, or trend-setting: an exhibition of edgy photographs; an edgy menu.
- edgˈi·ly adverb
- edgˈi·ness noun