- Dye is defined as tint or coloring agent used to change the color of something.
- An example of dye is henna.
- An example of dye is what you'd use to turn a white shirt purple.
- The definition of dye is to turn something a different color.
An example of dye is using hair tint to change your hair color.
Colorful dyes in powder form.
dye definition by Webster's New World
- color produced in a substance by saturating it with a coloring agent; tint; hue
- any substance used to give color to fabric, hair, etc.; coloring matter or a solution containing it
Origin: Middle English deie ; from Old English deag, akin to Old High German tougal, dark, secret ; from Indo-European an unverified form dhwek-, dark color, secret ; from base an unverified form dheu-: see dull
- dyer noun
dye definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A substance used to color materials. Also called dyestuff.
- A color imparted by dyeing.
Origin: Middle English deie, from Old English dēag, dēah.
- dyˈer noun
dye - Medical Definition
dye - Phrases/Idioms
of (the) deepest dye
of the deepest dye