- The definition of dusky is something dim or darkish in color.
- A dim light similar to the one you get right as the sun is setting is an example of something that would be described as dusky.
- A dark-red color is an example of something that might be described as dusky.
- Having low diffused light; dim or shadowy.
- Rather dark in color: dusky blue. See Synonyms at dark.
(comparative duskier, superlative duskiest)
- Dimly lit, as at dusk (evening).
- I like it when it is dusky, just before the street lights come on.
- A shade of color that is rather dark.
- The dusky rose was of a muted color, not clashing with any of the other colors.
- (dated) dark-skinned
- 1911, James Creelman, Diaz: Master of Mexico, D. Appleton and Company, page v:
- ashen, greyish skin coloration
- This man in shock has a silver colored dusky skin tone.
- A dusky shark.
- A dusky dolphin.