- a circlet for the head; diadem; crown; coronet
- a wreath; garland
Origin of coronalMiddle English and amp; Late Latin coronalis ; from Classical Latin corona, crown
- of a crown, coronet, or halo
- of the corona of the skull
- designating, of, or lying in the direction of the coronal suture
- A garland, wreath, or circlet for the head.
- Linguistics A coronal consonant.
- Of or relating to a corona, especially of the head.
- Of, relating to, or having the direction of the coronal suture or of the plane dividing the body into front and back portions.
- Linguistics Articulated by raising the blade of the tongue, as (t) in tip and (n) in night.
Origin of coronalMiddle English, from Latin corōnālis, of a crown, from corōna, crown; see Crown .
(comparative more coronal, superlative most coronal)