A woman getting a dental exam.
dental definition by Webster's New World
- of or for the teeth or dentistry
- Phonet. articulated with the tip of the tongue against or near the front teeth: said as of (t̸h) and (t̸h)
Origin: Modern Latin dentalis ; from Classical Latin dens (gen. dentis), tooth
- dentally adverb
dental definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or for the teeth: dental caps.
- Of, relating to, or intended for dentistry: dental work; dental bills.
- Linguistics Articulated with the tip of the tongue near or against the upper front teeth: the English dental consonants t and d.
Origin: New Latin dentālis, from Latin dēns, dent-, tooth; see dent- in Indo-European roots.
dental - Medical Definition
- Of, relating to, or for the teeth.
- Of, relating to, or intended for dentistry.
dental - Science Definition