- of or like an alveolus or the alveoli; socketlike
- relating to the part of the jaws containing the sockets of the teeth
- designating the ridge of the gums behind the upper front teeth
- relating to the air pockets in the lungs
- Phonet. articulated with the tongue touching or near the alveolar ridge: said as of (t), (d), and (s)
- Of or relating to an alveolus.
- Anatomy a. Relating to the jaw section containing the tooth sockets: the alveolar ridge.b. Relating to the alveoli of the lungs.
- Linguistics Formed with the tip of the tongue touching or near the inner ridge of the gums of the upper front teeth, as the English (t), (d), and (s).
- (linguistics) An alveolar consonant