Needing much chewing: chewy candy.
- Fondant is a thick, chewy kind of sugar paste that professional cake decorators often use to get that flawless flat look for a cake.
- I want to make them chewy so I can stuff them into toys and train the new puppy who goes on these running rampages around the house for 20 minutes while my other three dogs just sit and watch her.
- While it is a little more expensive than Choice or Select rib roasts, the payoffs are in the flavor of the roast, as well as how chewy it is and how much inedible gristle there is in the meat.
- The term shortening comes from the idea that the fat gets in the way of the flour making long, chewy strands of gluten and gives baked goods a consistency similar to shortbread.
- Tofu: The mild flavor and chewy texture of plain tofu makes it a good first snack for very young children, and continues to be a good choice for preschool or school-age kids.