- a chewy candy made of sugar or molasses boiled down and pulled
- ⌂ Informal flattery or cajolery
Origin of taffy; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- A sweet, chewy candy of molasses or brown sugar boiled until very thick and then pulled with the hands or by machine until the candy is glossy and holds its shape.
- Informal Flattery.
Origin of taffyOrigin unknown.
- Taffy is similar to the British toffee, which is a hard candy, but this is a soft candy in America.
- (somewhat pejorative) A nickname for a Welshman.
Representing a supposed Welsh pronunciation of Dafydd (the Welsh form of David), a common Welsh name