- a chewy candy made of sugar or molasses boiled down and pulled
- Informal flattery or cajolery
Origin of taffyfrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- A sweet chewy candy made by boiling a flavored syrup until it is very thick and then pulling it until it is glossy and holds its shape.
- Informal Flattery.
Origin of taffyOrigin unknown
- Taffy is similar to the British toffee, which is a hard candy, but this is a soft candy in America.
- (somewhat pejorative) A nickname for a Welshman.
Representing a supposed Welsh pronunciation of Dafydd (the Welsh form of David), a common Welsh name