A cellphone sitting on its charger.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a person or thing that charges
- a horse ridden in battle or on parade
- an apparatus used to charge storage batteries
Origin: Middle English chargeour ; from Old French ; from chargier, charge
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that charges, such as an instrument that charges or replenishes storage batteries.
- A horse trained for battle; a cavalry horse.
Origin: Middle English chargeour, from Old French chargeor, from chargier, to load; see charge.
charger - Computer Definition
A device that plugs into an AC outlet and delivers DC voltage to a rechargeable battery. See power adapter.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.