warhorse definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A horse used in combat; a charger.
- Informal One who has been through many battles, struggles, or fights.
- Informal A musical or dramatic work that has been performed so often that it has become widely familiar.
Variant of war horse
- a horse used in battle; charger
- Informal a person who has been through many battles or struggles; veteran
- Informal a symphony, play, opera, etc. that has been performed so often as to seem trite and stale
For 2 & 3, now usually written warhorse