- When you are walking along a rocky stream very carefully and are a little afraid you are going to fall, this is an example of a time when you walk warily.
- When you are listening to an explanation from someone who you highly suspect is lying to you, this is an example of a time when you listen warily.
Warily is defined as something done cautiously or carefully.
in a wary manner; cautiously
(comparative more warily, superlative most warily)
wary +"Ž -ly
- He went warily back to his porch.
- Warily, feeling his way by hand, he left the bedroom and climbed the stairs to investigate.
- Destiny watched him warily, still clinging to Carmen.
- He eyed her warily and then leaned over to retrieve the bale.
- Darian eyed him warily, not recognizing him, before he knelt beside her again.