- The definition of campus is something that relates to school or college.
An example of campus is a school dance.
- Campus is defined as the grounds and buildings of a school, college, hospital or place of business.
- An example of a campus is the area around and buildings at Harvard University.
- An example of a campus is Googleplex, which is the buildings of Google.
Part of the campus of the University of Washington.
campus definition by Webster's New World
- the grounds, sometimes including the buildings, of a school or college
- the grounds, sometimes including the buildings, of a commercial or industrial firm, a hospital, etc.
Origin: Classical Latin a field ; from Indo-European an unverified form kampos, a corner, cove ; from base an unverified form kamp-, to bend from source Classical Greek kampē, bend, curve, Lithuanian kapas, corner, area
- on or of the campus
- of a school or college: campus politics
campus definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. cam·pus·es
- The grounds of a school, college, university, or hospital.
- A college or university: campuses that are located across the state.
Origin: Latin, field.
campus - Computer Definition
Two or more buildings located in close proximity. For example, a campus backbone implies a high-speed network running between all the buildings. The term used to refer only to an educational environment, but businesses adopted it a while ago to make their workplace sound friendlier.