Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- without blood
- without bloodshed
- not having enough blood; anemic or pale
- having little energy or vitality
- unfeeling; cruel
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Deficient in or lacking blood.
- Pale and anemic in color: smiled with bloodless lips.
- Achieved without bloodshed: a bloodless coup.
- Lacking vivacity or spirit: a long, bloodless speech.
- Devoid of human emotion or feeling: charts of bloodless economic indicators.
- bloodˈless·ly adverb
- bloodˈless·ness noun