- of or like water
- containing or full of water; moist
- thin; diluted: watery tea
- tearful; weeping
- in or consisting of water: a watery grave
- weak; insipid
- soft or soggy
- full of, secreting, or giving off a morbid discharge resembling water
See watery in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Filled with, consisting of, or soaked with water; wet or soggy: watery soil.
- Containing too much water; diluted: watery soup.
- Suggestive of water, as in being thin, pale, or liquid: watery sunshine.
- Lacking force or substance; weak or insipid: watery prose.
- Secreting or discharging water or watery fluid, especially as a symptom of disease.
- Accompanied by tears; tearful: a watery good-bye.
Learn more about watery