- The definition of avoidance is the process of staying away from something or someone.
Not answering the phone is an example of the avoidance of someone.
avoidance definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of avoiding, or shunning something
- the act of making void; annulment
avoidance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act of shunning or avoiding.
- Law An annulment.
avoidance - Legal Definition
- The act of keeping away from, escaping, evading, or preventing.
- Same as confession and avoidance.
- Same as tax avoidance.
- Same as voidance .