Not answering the phone is an example of the avoidance of someone.
- the act of avoiding, or shunning something
- Law the act of making void; annulment
- The act of shunning or avoiding.
- Law An annulment.
(usually uncountable, plural avoidances)
- The act of annulling; annulment.
- The act of becoming vacant, or the state of being vacant; – specifically used for the state of a benefice becoming void by the death, deprivation, or resignation of the incumbent.
- A dismissing or a quitting; removal; withdrawal.
- The act of avoiding or shunning; keeping clear of.
- Any thing that is to be avoided
- The courts by which anything is carried off.
From Middle English
avoidance - Legal Definition
- The act of keeping away from, escaping, evading, or preventing.
- Same as confession and avoidance.
- Same as tax avoidance.
- Same as voidance .