- Aantediluvian in the Bible, is defined as someone or something from the time before the Great Flood.
- An example of people who are antediluvian are Adam and Eve.
- An example of an antediluvian animal is the dinosaur.
- The definition of antediluvian is someone or something that is ancient, elderly, or passé.
- An example of someone who is antediluvian is a great-great-grandmother.
- An example of an antediluvian item is the rotary phone.
antediluvian definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of the time before the Biblical Flood
- very old, old-fashioned, or primitive
Origin: ; from ante- plush Classical Latin diluvium, a flood (see diluvium) plush -an
an antediluvian person or thing
antediluvian definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Extremely old and antiquated. See Synonyms at old.
- Bible Occurring or belonging to the era before the Flood.
Origin: From ante- + Latin dīluvium, flood; see diluvial.
- anˌte·di·luˈvi·an noun