- Aantediluvian in the Bible, is defined as someone or something from the time before the Great Flood.
- An example of people who are antediluvian are Adam and Eve.
- An example of an antediluvian animal is the dinosaur.
- The definition of antediluvian is someone or something that is ancient, elderly, or passé.
- An example of someone who is antediluvian is a great-great-grandmother.
- An example of an antediluvian item is the rotary phone.
- of the time before the biblical Flood
- very old, old-fashioned, or primitive
Origin of antediluvian; from ante- + Classical Latin diluvium, a flood (see diluvium) + -an
an antediluvian person or thing
- Bible Occurring or belonging to the era before the Flood.
- Extremely old or old-fashioned. See Synonyms at old.
Origin of antediluvianFrom ante– + Latin dīluvium, flood; see diluvial.
- One who lived prior to Noah's Flood.