- The definition of antiquated is something that is out of date, old or no longer useful.
An example of something that is antiquated is a rotary phone.
- no longer used or useful; obsolete, old-fashioned, out-of-date, etc.
- Too old to be fashionable, suitable, or useful; outmoded. See Synonyms at old.
- Very old; aged: “They were always chippering and chatting to each other, like a pair of antiquated house-sparrows” (Harriet Beecher Stowe).
(comparative more antiquated, superlative most antiquated)
- old-fashioned, out of date
Said of abstract concepts (such as doctrines, notions, ideas, principles, opinions, philosophies, methods, and words), but also of physical objects such as doors and maps.
Variant of antiquate