- a person who cuts hay and spreads it out to dry
- Slang a powerful blow with or swing of the fist, intended to cause a knockout
A powerful blow with the fist.
- (agriculture) A person or machine which harvests or prepares tall grass for use as animal fodder.
- (informal, fisticuffs) A particularly powerful punch, especially one which knocks down an opponent, thrown like a scythe chop for cutting hay, as agricultural haymakers used to have strong arms.
- (figuratively, by extension) Any decisive blow, shock, or forceful action.
- Enter the boxing ring and go for the haymaker with Fight Night Round 3, available for the Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, and PSP.