An engaging little girl.
The definition of engaging is something interesting or fascinating.
When someone becomes involved in a vigorous and interesting debate, this is an example of an engaging debate.
Charming; attractive: an engaging smile.
(comparative more engaging, superlative most engaging)
- That engages the attention; engrossing, interesting; enthralling.
- I found the first of the Harry Potter books a very engaging read.
- Charming; attractive, especially of a manner or behaviour.
- Beauty, of course, and a bright, engaging personality — or at least the ability to fake one — are prerequisites for entering the Miss World competition.
- Present participle of engage.
- His laugh was sudden and short, engaging the dimple.
- It is of the most engaging tameness, being fortunately protected by popular sentiment from injury.
- This body pursued the subject with more or less diligence, and in 1884 laid down the principle that the automatic coupler should be one acting in a vertical plane - that is, the engaging faces should be free to move up and down within a considerable range, in order to provide for the differences in the height of cars.
- The state maintained, however, that the proprietor who exploits and sells the produce of his land is not engaging in commerce.
- He lowered his eye-band once more, engaging his other senses.