- Present participle of pursue.
Two police officers pursuing a suspect.
- An example of pursuing is a group of police officers chasing a criminal.
- An example of pursuing is a young adult following her dream to become a doctor.
Pursuing is defined as chasing or continuing.
- The French who had been pursuing him stopped.
- "I can't lose her," he said, sweating with fear. Kris started forward again, pursuing Hannah.
- One Aziru of Phoenicia) report movements of the Hittites, who were then pursuing an aggressive policy (about 1400 B.C.).
- He matriculated at Heidelberg with the intention of pursuing an ecclesiastical career.
- Then the voyage homeward began, Medea accompanying Jason, and Aeetes pursuing them.