- the application of heat to harden or glaze pottery
- the stoking of a fire, furnace, etc.
- the shooting of firearms, etc.
- fuel for a fire
- the scorching of plants, as from heat, drought, or disease
- The process of applying fire or heat, as in the hardening or glazing of ceramics.
- Fuel for fires.
- The act or an instance of dismissing someone from a job.
- Present participle of fire.
- But the firing and shouting did not relate to them.
- The soldiers started firing without orders.
- The ranks of the infantry disappeared amid the smoke but their long- drawn shout and rapid musketry firing could still be heard.
- He was told that there in Perkhushkovo the earth trembled from the firing, but nobody could answer his questions as to who had won.
- "Hear the firing," said the groom, a discharged soldier.