The definition of exciting is someone or something that produces intense, thrilling feelings or emotions.
An example of exciting used as an adjective is an exciting movie, a suspenseful movie.
Creating or producing excitement: an exciting adventure story.
- Present participle of excite.
- They still had something mysterious and exciting to explore.
- It should have been an exciting discovery.
- A new and exciting life lay ahead of him.
- It was very exciting; but I must say I did not enjoy it very much.
- The idea was both exciting and painfully disappointing.